INFORMATION AND RULES
The competition is open to all young musicians who are resident, and/or are in full time education in the counties of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire or South Yorkshire.
Classes: Brass, Piano, Strings, Voice and Woodwind
Group 1 School years 6 to 8 Autumn term 2021 Minimum Grade 4
Group 2 School years 9 to 11 Autumn term 2021 Minimum Grade 5
Group 3 School years 12 to 13 Autumn term 2021 Minimum Grade 6
Competitors may only enter one class and one age group
Preliminary Rounds for each class
- One contestant from each of the three age groups in each of the five classes will progress to the semi-final (15 semi-finalists)
- One Semi-Final for each class
- The Semi-Final is open to the public and admission is free
- One competitor from each class will be chosen to compete in the Final (five finalists)
- The Final is the Prizewinners’ concert
- Each Finalist will receive two complimentary tickets to the Final
The maximum length of each performance including any spoken introduction shall be:
- Preliminary rounds 5 minutes
- Semi-Finals 10 minute
- Final 15 minutes
The adjudicator(s) will stop any performance that exceeds the allotted time.
Choice of Pieces
- Competitors should select their own choice of music
- Song and dance routines are not permitted
- A piece played in the Preliminary round may be performed again as part of a Semi-Final, or the Final
- Entrants must provide a copy of the music for the adjudicators
- This may be a photocopy, but if so, will be retained by the adjudicators
- Originals should be named for return to entrants
- There is no official competition accompanist.
- Competitors are encouraged to arrange their own accompanist.
- If any competitor does not already have their own accompanist, they may ask the competition organisers to suggest some experienced accompanists whom the competitor may approach. It remains the competitor’s responsibility to make the necessary arrangements with their chosen accompanist.
- Please provide the name of your accompanist by no later than [4 weeks?] before the start of the competition.
Arrangements on the day of the competition
- Warm-up rooms are available only as timetabled by the organisers
- Competitors for the Preliminary rounds, together with accompanists, should arrive and register at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the warm-up time
- If an entrant is late for the audition the place will be forfeited
- An open adjudication will follow each preliminary round
- The adjudicators’ decision is final; no additional clarification will be given after the event
- There will be no written adjudications
DISCLAIMER– Please note the organisers of the competition will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to competitors’ property, however incurred